The Best Offshore Sportsbooks – The Ultimate Guide
Are you interested in betting on sports online? If so, offshore sportsbooks can offer a convenient and accessible way to do so. In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about offshore sports betting sites, including their legality, the benefits and drawbacks, the different types and tips for finding a reputable one.
100% Free Play
up to $1,000
75% Cash Bonus
up to $750
25% Cash Bonus
up to $500
50% Cash Bonus
up to $250
30% Cash Bonus
up to $600
List of the Top Offshore Sportsbooks for U.S. Players
If you’re a sports bettor based in the United States, finding a reliable and trustworthy offshore betting site can be a challenge. Thankfully, there are still many high-quality options available that offer a wide range of sports and events to bet on, generous deposit bonuses, and attractive betting odds.
Here are the top 10 offshore sportsbooks for U.S. players:
- Bookmaker.eu: With over 30 years of experience in online gambling, Bookmaker.eu offers a huge range of sports and a great selection of prop bets.
- Heritage Sports: The reduced juice-cashback program helps you put more cash in your pocket when you win.
- Bovada: With a sleek and user-friendly interface, Bovada offers a range of betting markets you can wager on any device.
- BetOnline: One of the most popular offshore betting sites for U.S. players, BetOnline offers a wide range of sports and events, as well as a generous deposit bonus.
- BetAnySports: With a focus on providing great customer service and competitive betting odds, BetAnySports offers a wide range of sports and events, including esports.
- BetUS: Known for its great selection of prop bets and futures, BetUS offers a user-friendly interface and attractive betting odds.
- WagerWeb: Great crypto bonus offers for new users and deep markets across all major sports.
- JustBet: Offering a wide range of sports and events, JustBet is known for its excellent customer service and speedy payouts.
- Everygame: With a focus on providing a personalized experience for each customer, Everygame offers a variety of sports and events to bet on, as well as a generous deposit bonus.
- SportsBetting.ag: Offering a great selection of live betting options and attractive betting odds, SportsBetting.ag is a popular choice for U.S. sports bettors.
Legality of Offshore Sportsbooks
The legality of offshore sportsbooks is a complex and highly-debated issue. In the United States, federal gambling laws prohibit sports betting, with the exception of a few states that have legalized it. However, these laws are primarily targeted at operators and do not criminalize individual bettors.
As a result, many American players turn to offshore gambling sites, which operate in countries where online sports betting is legal and regulated. These offshore sportsbooks often offer a wider range of sports and betting options than domestic options, including popular sports like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer, as well as less popular sports and types of bets.
It is important to note that while it is not illegal for American players to use offshore sportsbooks, there are still risks involved.
For example, offshore gambling sites may not be subject to the same level of regulation and consumer protection as domestic options, which could make it more difficult for players to seek recourse in the event of a dispute.
Additionally, some states have passed laws that specifically target offshore gambling sites, making it difficult for them to do business with players in those states.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when it comes to the legality of offshore gambling:
- Laws primarily target operators and do not criminalize individual bettors.
- Offshore sportsbooks are often legal and regulated in the country where they’re located.
- Make sure to thoroughly research any website before opening an account.
- Resolving a dispute can be more difficult and might require the assistance of a 3rd party like BookmakersReview to resolve.
The Best Offshore Sportsbooks
Our experts dove into a little detail below about each of the best-rated offshore sports betting sites. Each of them shines in different ways, meaning that every player can find a site that caters to their exact needs.
1. Bookmaker.eu: Versatile Sportsbook With Large Betting Limits
Bookmaker.eu is an established online sportsbook that has been serving customers since 1996. While it has a European domain, this site is located in San Jose, Costa Rica and is best known for not limiting winning players.
New users that sign up for the first time can benefit from various exciting sign-up bonuses. Users that opt for traditional payment methods can get a 25% cash bonus worth up to $500; users that make their initial deposit with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash or another coin can get a 20% deposit match bonus worth up to $500. The welcome bonus comes with a modest 8X rollover.
- Welcomes professional bettors
- The highest betting limits, up to $50,000 on NFL sides
- One of the best loyalty programs
- No online poker room
- Doesn’t offer reduced betting lines
2. Heritage Sports: Powerhouse Live-Betting Service
Heritage Sports is a long-standing online sportsbook that has been serving customers for over 20 years. Founded in 1994, this sportsbook began as an exclusive, invite-only platform but has since expanded to accept action from anyone.
One of the standout features of Heritage Sports is its user-friendly interface. The site is well-designed and easy to navigate, making it easy for users to find the sports they want to bet on and place their bets quickly and easily. In addition, the sportsbook offers a wide range of different sports to bet on, including popular options like football, basketball, baseball and hockey, as well as niche sports like darts and snooker.
- Great reduced juice odds at -108
- One of the best sites for live betting on sports
- Easy-to-use interface
- Offers smaller bonuses than other sites on this list
3. Bovada: Excellent Mobile Betting Interface
Bovada has been providing a top-quality betting experience to its users since 2011. The site is operated by the same team behind Bodog, a leading brand in the online gambling industry with a long history of providing safe and reliable service.
One of the key strengths of Bovada is the exciting bonus offers that new users can get. When you make your initial deposit with Bitcoin, you can qualify for a 75% deposit match bonus worth up to $750. Fiat currency users can get up to $250 from the sign-up bonus. The sportsbook also offers a range of other promotions and bonuses throughout the year, including cashback offers and reload bonuses. The overall interface of the site is easy-to-use and doesn’t include many flashy, distracting elements. The bet slips are easy to fill out and submit. Users can find one of the best selections of sports at Bovada, as well. There are traditional options like football, basketball and hockey, of course; however, there are also options to wager on futsal, ski jumping, table tennis and more.
Bovada also offers a range of interesting features that help to set it apart from other sportsbooks. For example, the site offers live in-game betting, allowing users to place bets on a variety of different outcomes while the game is in progress. The site also provides a range of helpful information and statistics to help users make informed decisions when placing their bets.
- Generous bonuses for crypto users
- User-friendly mobile interface perfect for live betting
- Offers one of the biggest ranges of betting markets
- Betting limits are lower than at other wagering sites
- Slow to release betting lines
4. BetOnline: Opinionated Lines for All the Top Sports
BetOnline first came online in 2004. Since then, this sports betting site has earned a reputation for reliability, security and quality service, making it a top choice for sports bettors of all levels. BetOnline is known for being an early releaser of opinionated betting lines. It offers a variety of betting limits, high and low, making it easy for bettors at any level to find an appealing wager.
Users also benefit from an exceptional range of payment options, which makes this a very convenient offshore betting site. It accepts bank transfers, debit cards, credit cards, P2P services and cryptocurrency; BetOnline even allows users to deposit via cashier’s check. Withdrawals are easy as well but, some methods, such as bank transfer come with higher fees and longer wait times.
BetOnline also offers a range of promotions and bonuses to its users. New users can take advantage of a generous welcome bonus that provides up to $1,000 in free bets, based on the amount of their initial deposit. The sportsbook also offers a range of other promotions and bonuses throughout the year, including cashback offers and reload bonuses.
- Early released opinionated lines
- Wide range of bonus offers
- Large betting limits
- Offers reduced juice only on NHL lines
- High fees on certain withdrawal methods
5. BetAnySports: Reduced Juice Odds Mean More Profit for Bettors
BetAnySports is an online sportsbook that offers a wide range of sports betting options in a sleek and user-friendly interface. Minimum bets at this operator start as low as $0.50, which makes it a great option for beginners. More experienced bettors shouldn’t feel left out, though, because even with the maximum limits set at $5,000, they can contact customer service to place higher bets.
BetAnySports offers reduced juice lines, too. When registering, you can select the “The Less Juice Package,” which is a bonus package that offers reduced juice in a variety of sports leagues including the NFL, NBA and NCAA football and basketball. There is a range of reduced lines throughout the year that will help you rack up greater profits over time. BetAnySports also has a Cash Back Racebook and a “Plus 10%” Racebook, which allows horseplayers to reap extra profits on their wagers as well.
When you win, it’s easy to move your money out of the sportsbook as well. You can withdraw using Bitcoin, P2P services, cashier’s check or a bank transfer. With crypto and P2P payments, you can receive your funds in as little as 48 hours.
- Best reduced juice at -105
- Quick and trustworthy payouts
- Great odds on moneylines, futures and props
- Lower bonuses compared to other betting sites
- Site design could be improved
Benefits and Drawbacks of Offshore Betting
There are both advantages and disadvantages to using offshore sites for online betting. By taking advantage of the associated benefits, users can enjoy a more rewarding and varied sports betting experience with offshore sportsbooks. Here are some of the key factors to consider:
- Better odds: Offshore online sportsbooks often offer better odds and more competitive betting lines than US-based sportsbooks, which means that you can potentially earn more money on a winning bet.
- Access to a huge range of markets: Offshore sportsbooks often offer a wider range of sports leagues and deep markets to choose from, including college sports, niche sports and international events.
- No geographical restrictions: Offshore sportsbooks can be accessed from anywhere in the world, so you can place bets even if you’re traveling or living in a place where sports betting is restricted or illegal.
- Political betting: While betting sites in the United States are limited in the types of bets they can offer, offshore sportsbooks often allow users to place bets on political events, such as elections and referendums. This can be an exciting and potentially lucrative way to engage with current events.
- Increased privacy: Offshore sportsbooks often offer greater privacy than domestic sports betting sites, which can be an advantage for users who are concerned about their online.
- Legal risks: Since offshore sportsbooks operate in a legal gray area, there’s always a risk of legal trouble if you use them to bet on sports.
- Lack of regulation: Offshore sportsbooks are not subject to the same regulations as US-based sportsbooks, which means there’s a greater risk of fraud, unfair practices and other problems.
- Payment issues: Some offshore sportsbooks have limited payment options, which can make it difficult to deposit and withdraw funds.
- Currency exchange: Offshore sportsbooks often operate in different currencies, which means you may need to pay currency exchange fees when making deposits and withdrawals.
Types of Offshore Sportsbooks
There are many different types of offshore sports betting sites to choose from, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the most common types:
- Traditional offshore sportsbooks: These are the most popular type of offshore sportsbook, and they offer a wide range of sports markets and betting options. They may also offer bonuses and promotions to attract new customers.
- Bitcoin sportsbooks: A crypto sportsbook will accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and other cryptocurrencies as payment, which can offer greater privacy and security for users. New users can often get a crypto bonus when they sign up.
- Mobile sportsbooks: These operators have apps that allow users to place bets from their mobile devices, which can be more convenient than using a desktop computer.
- Proprietary sportsbooks: Some sites or groups of sites are run by individual bookmakers or groups of bookmakers, who may offer a key feature or set of features that make them unique.
Tips for Finding a Reputable Offshore Betting Site
If you’re considering using an offshore sportsbook, it’s important to take steps to ensure that you’re using a reputable and trustworthy site. Here are some tips to help you find a reliable sportsbook:
- Research the site’s reputation: Before you do any online wagering with an offshore sportsbook, do some research to find out what other users have to say about it. Look for online reviews, forums and social media posts to get an idea of the site’s reputation.
- Check for a license: While offshore sportsbooks may not be subject to the same regulations as locally regulated sportsbooks, many reputable sites are still licensed and regulated by a government agency or other authority. Look for information about the site’s license on its website, and do some research to make sure that the licensing authority is legitimate. Shady, illegal operators are usually unlicensed.
- Look for secure payment options: A reputable offshore sportsbook should offer a variety of secure payment options, such as credit cards, e-wallets and cryptocurrencies. Look for offshore sites that use SSL encryption to protect your personal and financial information.
- Check for good customer service: A good offshore sportsbook should have a responsive and helpful customer service team that can answer your questions and resolve any issues that you may have.
- Avoid sites that offer unrealistic bonuses and promotions: While generous bonuses and promotions are a common marketing tactic for offshore sportsbooks, be wary of sites that offer bonuses that seem too good to be true. Some sites may use these tactics to attract new users, only to scam them later on.
How to Bet on Sports with an Offshore Sportsbook
Once you’ve found a reputable offshore sports betting site, the next step is to place your bets. Here’s a step-by-step guide to betting on sports with an offshore operator:
- Sign up for an account: To place bets with an offshore sportsbook, you’ll need to create an account. This typically involves providing some basic personal information and creating a username and password.
- Make a deposit: Once you’ve created an account, you’ll need to make a deposit to fund your account. Most sites offer a variety of payment options, such as credit cards, e-wallets and cryptocurrencies. Choose the option that works best for you and follow the site’s instructions for making a deposit.
- Choose your sport and event: Once you’ve funded your account, you can start placing sports bets. Choose the sport and event that you want to bet on, and navigate to the relevant section of the site.
- Choose your bet type: There are many different types of bets that you can place, such as moneyline bets, point spread bets and totals bets. Choose the type of bet that you want to place and follow the site’s instructions for wagering.
- Review your bet slip: Before submitting your bet, review your bet slip to make sure that you’re betting on the correct event and that you’ve entered the correct wager amount.
- Submit your bet: Once you’re satisfied with your bet, submit it through the site’s interface. You’ll receive a confirmation once your bet has been accepted.
Variety of Markets at Offshore Sportsbooks
Offshore sportsbooks offer a wide variety of sports and betting markets to choose from, including:
- Major sports: Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer and tennis.
- International sports: Cricket, soccer, international combat sports, rugby and Australian rules football.
- Niche sports: Darts, snooker and cycling.
- Special events: The Olympics, the World Cup and the Super Bowl.
- Other markets: Many offshore betting sites also have horse racing betting, as well as esports like League of Legends, Fortnite and more.
Types of Bets at Offshore Sportsbooks
Offshore sportsbooks offer a wide range of betting markets, including:
- Moneyline bets: These bets are based on which team or player will win the game outright.
- Point spread bets: These bets are based on the margin of victory in a game, with the underdog given a points handicap.
- Totals bets: These bets are based on the total number of points, goals, or runs scored in a game.
- Futures bets: These bets are based on events that will take place in the future, such as the winner of a tournament or the MVP of a league.
- Prop bets: These bets are based on specific events or occurrences within a game, such as the first team to score or the number of strikeouts by a pitcher.
- Parlay bets: These bets are a combination of two or more individual bets, with the payout increasing as more bets are added to the parlay.
Popular Bonuses at Offshore Sports Betting Sites
Offshore sportsbooks offer a variety of bonuses and promotions to attract new users and retain existing ones. Here are some of the most popular bonuses:
- Welcome bonuses: These bonuses are offered to new users when they sign up for an account and make their first deposit. They often come in the form of a match bonus, where the site will match a percentage of the user’s deposit up to a certain amount. Users will have to meet a minimum deposit threshold to qualify.
- Reload bonuses: These bonuses are offered to existing users when they make additional deposits into their accounts. Typically, bonus codes are not required as the bonus is automatic. They often come in the form of a smaller match bonus than the welcome bonus. You may get a higher match percentage if you make a crypto deposit.
- Free bets: Some offshore sites offer free bets to users, where they can place a bet without risking any of their own money. These are sometimes referred to as free spins or free plays for casino games.
- Cashback offers: Some offshore betting sites offer cashback to users who experience a losing streak. This can be in the form of a percentage of their losses refunded back to their account. Rebates like this are typically offered for losses in horse racing betting.
- Referral bonuses: Some sites offer bonuses to users who refer new users to the site.
- Loyalty programs: Many online sportsbooks have a loyalty program that will reward you just for wagering on your favorite sports or playing casino games regularly. Users can get perks like free bets, extra bonuses and more.
Banking Options at Offshore Sportsbooks
Offshore sportsbooks offer a variety of banking options to users. Here are some of the most common:
- Credit cards: Many offshore online betting sites accept credit cards as a payment method, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- E-wallets: E-wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are often accepted.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are becoming more widely accepted at offshore sportsbooks, due to their fast transaction times and increased security. Many online sports betting sites also accept LiteCoin, Bitcoin Cash and DogeCoin.
- Bank transfers: Some offshore betting sites allow users to make bank transfers, but these can be slower and may involve higher transaction fees. Your financial institution will also have fees associated with doing a bank wire transfer, so you could end up paying extra if you use this deposit method.
Offshore Sportsbooks Blacklist
While there are many trustworthy sportsbooks to choose from, there are also some offshore sports betting sites that have a poor reputation for various reasons. Here are some of the most common red flags to look out for when comparing online betting sites:
- Poor reviews: Offshore betting sites that have a large volume of negative user reviews are likely to have some issues.
- No license: Offshore sports betting sites that don’t have a license or regulatory approval from a legitimate authority should always be avoided.
- Payment issues: If an offshore sportsbook has a history of payment issues, such as delayed or missing payments, it’s best to avoid using it.
- Lack of transparency: Online sportsbooks that don’t provide clear information about their ownership, licensing, or regulation, probably have something to hide. It’s best to avoid them.
- Unreasonable bonuses: If an offshore sportsbook offers bonuses that seem too good to be true, it’s best to avoid using it, as some online sportsbooks may be using bonuses as a way to scam users.
Offshore sports betting sites can offer a convenient and accessible way to bet on sports online, but it’s important to take steps to ensure that you only use reputable and trustworthy offshore betting sites. By doing your research, choosing a reputable site, and taking advantage of the huge range of betting markets, types of bets and bonuses available, you can have a fun and rewarding experience with offshore sites.
FAQs — Gambling at Offshore Sportsbooks
Offshore sportsbooks can be safe, but it is important to choose a trustworthy online sportsbook with a good reputation.
Technically, all gambling winnings are taxable and should be reported to the IRS. However, not all offshore betting sites report to the IRS and it is the player’s responsibility to report their winnings.
While it is possible to use a VPN for online sports betting, it is not recommended as it violates the terms of service for most offshore betting sites.
Offshore gambling involves using offshore gambling sites that operate in a different country than the bettor. Offshore sites may offer different rules, bonuses, betting limits and sports betting options than US-based sportsbooks.
An offshore casino is an online casino that is operated by an offshore operator, which means it is based in a different country than the player. Offshore operators may offer different games, bonuses and payment options than domestic casinos.
California Governor Extends Cardroom Moratorium for 20 More Years
In what can only be described as a seminal pact between adversaries, Governor Newsom has signed a bill into law that both the California Native American tribes, as well as cardroom operators, support – no additional cardrooms in the state for two more decades. In turn, this collaboration between Native American tribes and gambling hall
Texas Legislators Poised to Prohibit Online Lottery Sales
Typically, the focus on Lone Star State’s gambling centers around Texas sports betting, but this time the spotlight is on the online lottery. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Texas Lottery began selling online lottery tickets through third-party vendors without legislative approval, allowed through a legal loophole. However, that practice is expected to be halted in
Wyoming Sports Betting: April’s Revenue Surges by 25% Compared to Previous Year
Sports betting in Wyoming showed a marked increase from April 2022 to April 2023 in both handle and revenue but a decline from March’s numbers. April Shows Growth The numbers may not look impressive but everything is relative considering Wyoming is the least populated state in the nation with 585,000 people despite having the ninth-greatest
NCAA Survey Reveals 67% of College-Age Students Engage in Sports Betting
A recent study related to U.S. sports betting revealed that college-age people are participating, but the data is scattered as to what constitutes a problem, versus responsible gambling. Survey Parameters There is an old saying that if you torture the numbers long enough, they will confess to just about anything and that’s the gist of